The awkward ampersand

Posted by jcargoo | Sunday, October 19, 2008
| 0Delicious Twitter Reddit Digg Loading...



It was just a small issue occurred when trying to save new HTML code update in my blogger interface. As the configuration settings language is French, let’s past it as it was displayed

:

Error :
Votre modèle ne peut pas être analysé, car sa structure n'est pas conforme. Vérifiez que tous les éléments XML sont bien fermés.
Message d'erreur XML : The reference to entity "p" must end with the ';' delimiter.

"p" is simply a parameter passed to an action I used in an URL I wanted to include in the HTML code.

My link was : URL = … &p=659&;dig=st1 …

Easy solution :

Encode the '&' as "&" in your document to generate a valid XML.
(See Google advise here)







How to encourage this blog if you like it:
  • Promote our sponsors;
  • Add any kind of comment or critic;
  • Ask me directly by email if you prefer.
Just do something like that, and I will have the huge pleasure to continue posting the best of the creativity I have.




Share this post ?

Digg Reddit Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

0 Previous Comments