How To Decode Any Short URL?

Posted by jcargoo | Tuesday, December 30, 2008
| 0Delicious Twitter Reddit Digg Loading...


When I use my twitter, I need sometimes to know where the displayed links will lead me to. As you know, those links are encoded with services like: tinyurl, is.gd and so on.
So with some Firefox plugins like Long URL and Long URL Please you will be able to decode those links in order to

know where those shortened links really point to.

Long URL
Shows the real website link in a small tooltip when you hover over the shortened link.





















Long URL Please
Replaces short urls with the originals so you can see where links actually link to.




















You can also use the bookmarklet from Longurlplease to use this service.
The decoding of the shortened links is useful too if you face some people disguising links to yucky websites.



How to encourage this blog if you like it:
  • Promote our sponsors;
  • Add any kind of comment or critic;
  • Ask me directly by email if you prefer.
Just do something like that, and I will have the huge pleasure to continue posting the best of the creativity I have.




Share this post ?

Digg Reddit Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

0 Previous Comments