Have You Tried Shock Desktop to Bump Your Windows Desktop Icons?

Posted by jcargoo | Sunday, December 14, 2008
| 0Delicious Twitter Reddit Digg Loading...


I am still waiting for the final release of BumpTop as per currently mentioned on the official site, BumpTop is still on private beta.
Just to for those of you that don’t know what the BumpTop is, it is simply a new way to interact with your computer Desktop allowing you to pile and toss documents like on a real desk. Briefly, it is a 3 Dimensional Desktop where the icons can interact with each other and you have more control over your Virtual Desktop.
Shock Desktop basically comes with

the same functionality as BumpTop. I have tried to use the tool and it works fine unless if I talk about the image quality (I use 1440 x 900 pixels resolution) which I find somewhat blurred. The thing which is sure is that I will not use Shock Desktop for an official purpose but rather for fun (or when I am bored). Then this for more fun than productive.


The application is simple to use, you can bring up the 3D desktop (after you have completely installed the 3D Desktop) by right clicking on “Show 3D Desktop”. You will see this:























If you want to customize your 3D Desktop, you can check out the Option parameter to configure; effect, lighting, speed, icons format, etc.


















Checking the theme tab, I have discovered that I can modify the current theme. There are 5 themes embedded in the tool but you can use others by clicking on the following picture.


















How to encourage this blog if you like it:
  • Promote our sponsors;
  • Add any kind of comment or critic;
  • Ask me directly by email if you prefer.
Just do something like that, and I will have the huge pleasure to continue posting the best of the creativity I have.




Share this post ?

Digg Reddit Stumble Delicious Technorati Twitter Facebook

1 Previous Comments
  1. Anonymous | December 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

    Not bad but I'd prefer using Linux with Compiz Fusion as even your graphic card is strong, the 3D effects under Win remain weak.Anyway nice article.